Our Products | Pharmaceuticals | Hypophysin LA
HYPOPHYSIN LA in Pharmaceuticals
70 microgram/ml solution for injection for cattle and pigs.
Active substance - Carbetocin 70.00 μg/ml
UNISTRAIN PRES ID
Carbetocin 70.00 μg/ml
INDICATIONS FOR USE AND TARGET SPECIES
- Uterine atony during the puerperal period.
- Placental retention as a consequence of uterine atony.
– Initiation of milk ejection in stress-induced agalactia or in conditions requiring udder emptying.
- Acceleration or restart of parturition after disruption of uterine contractions (uterine atony or inertia)
following the expulsion of at least 1 piglet.
- Supportive therapy of mastitis-metritis-agalactia (MMA-) syndrome.
- Initiation of milk ejection.
- Shortening of total parturition duration as a component of synchronisation of parturition in sows. The
product may be applied to sows which have previously been administered an appropriate PGF2 (e.g.
cloprostenol) not prior to day 114 of pregnancy and have not started farrowing within 24 hours after the
PGF2 injection (day 1 of pregnancy is the last day of insemination).
Do not administer to accelerate parturition if cervix is not opened or if there is a mechanical cause for the
delayed parturition such as physical obstruction, positional and postural abnormalities, convulsive labour,
threatened rupture of uterus, uterine torsion, relative foetal oversize or deformities of the birth canal.for
The interval between two injections should not be shorter than 24 hours.
AMOUNTS TO BE ADMINISTERED AND ADMINISTRATION ROUTE
For intramuscular or intravenous use. The product is in general only administered once.
Cows :For all indications: 3.0 – 5.0 ml/animal
Sows: For acceleration or restart of parturition after disruption of uterine contractions (uterine atony or
inertia) following the expulsion of at least 1 piglet: 0.5 -1.0 ml/animal
For MMA and milk ejection: 1.5 – 3.0 ml/animal
In case of treatment for milk ejection in the cow and sow or supportive therapy in MMA-syndrome in sow,
a repeated administration is possible after 1 to 2 days.
Cattle, pig Meat and offal: Zero days Cattle Milk: Zero hours
As packaged for sale: 3 years Shelf-life after first opening the immediate packaging: 28 days
Colourless glass injection vial, type I, containing 50 ml